twit photo twitter_zps2c090e65.png facebook photo facebook_zps09d94e62.png mail photo mail_zpsf04fac82.png ig photo instagram_zps369f8a48.png yt photo youtube_zps2b63032c.png bloglovin photo bloglovin_zps8ed3b808.png

Followers

BlogLovin

Follow Lissas Polish Addiction

Instagram

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

NOTD: OPI - Just Spotted the Lizard!

Hey there! :)
I have an exciting polish to show you today! It's exciting for me anyway! I've been wanting this baby ever since I saw the press releases for it!

Shade
I'm a big fan of superhero movies, I'm not really sure why because I don't like a lot of other action sort of movies. I'm a huge fan of Batman but I also really enjoyed the Spiderman movies! When I heard that OPI was releasing a collection for The Amazing Spiderman movie, I was so excited! I also saw the movie a couple weeks ago and LOVED it. Much more than the Toby McGuire ones, sorry. :P Andrew Garfield is a better Spiderman IMO. I don't know a lot about the Spiderman comic or anything though & people seem to have a problem with it not being the same as the comics or something. But I thought it was great! :)

Anyway, onto the part you're actually here for, the polish! This was the only one from the Amazing Spiderman collection that really interested me. The rest are mostly frosty shades and I'm not a fan of those.
I'm surprised at myself that I wanted this one because it's a duochrome and I'm usually not a fan of those either! Usually I hate duochromes unless they're colours very close to each other (red/orange duochromes, purple/blue duochromes), and bright. I hate dark duochromes. I'm very picky. :)
This is "Just Spotted the Lizard", a gold-green duochrome! In the bottle I also see some blue but not as much on the nail.
I really love it! I didn't know whether I would, but I really wanted to own it even if I didn't like it. Haha!

This post is a bit picture heavy, so click 'Read more' for more photos & my thoughts about this polish! :)


Shade
Direct sunlight
Shade
Shade
This polish is also a dupe for Chanel "Peridot" and Jessica's "Iridescent Eye". China Glaze's "Rare & Radiant" from the new New Bohemian collection looks like it'll also be a dupe but I haven't seen a comparison so I can't be 100% sure of that. For me, the OPI is the easiest to get my hands on right now. The China Glaze would be cheaper here but I don't think I'd be able to find it, since it's rare that I stumble upon China Glaze. x) Any of the other dupes I'd have to buy on eBay or online somewhere else.

This polish is also boyfriend approved. ;) I bought some new polishes yesterday and when I asked my boyfriend which one I should put on first, he picked this one. When he saw it on my nails, he thought it looked really cool! :) Yay! My boyfriend doesn't really approve of my polish addiction very often. :) Actually I'm pretty sure he's really annoyed by it but oh well! :) Polish is literally the only thing I ever buy. I often neglect buying really essential things so I can buy polish. :/

Anyway, so sorry for this extremely wordy post. :) Hope you enjoyed! I'm loving this polish! I've now been wearing it for 18 hours and don't want to remove it! That's pretty rare! Usually after 12 hours I'm already planning what colour to use next and itching to remove my current polish. x)

This mani kind of also doubles as an Olympics mani, since the Aussie colours are green and gold. ;)


Do you like duochromes? Or are you extremely picky about them like I am? x) Oh and have you seen the new Spiderman movie?! If so, what did you think? :)

-Elissa

3 comments:

Beautiful Living said...

wow your nails look fantastic, they're so long!
Sometimes I like duochromes...sometime's I don't but wow this one really does look interesting :) Thanks for sharing!

Elissa Vaughan said...

@citygirl907
Aw thanks! My nails aren't really that long but I am loving the length! :)
-Elissa

lock lizard said...

Thankyou lots, I am obliged to announce that your blog is excellent!

Lock lizard

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! I'm sorry if I don't reply to your comment but I promise, I read every single one. ♥
Please refrain from leaving any links in the comments. If you would like me to check out your blog or have a question, please email me at lissaspolishaddiction@hotmail.com :)
-Elissa

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com