twit photo twitter_zps2c090e65.png facebook photo facebook_zps09d94e62.png mail photo mail_zpsf04fac82.png ig photo instagram_zps369f8a48.png yt photo youtube_zps2b63032c.png bloglovin photo bloglovin_zps8ed3b808.png

Followers

BlogLovin

Follow Lissas Polish Addiction

Instagram

Thursday, August 2, 2012

NOTD: Cupcake Nail Art!

Hey! :)
So technically this post isn't a NOTD because I'm not wearing it today, I wore it last week. Forgive me, I'm a bit behind! x) Last week was my little brother's 7th birthday, and also my Grandma's birthday so I thought it was appropriate to do some birthday-esque nails! :)

This is probably my favourite nail art I've done so far! I LOVED it! And apparently so did a lot of other people! I received compliments about my nails from complete strangers when I was shopping with my mum! Not a regular occurrence! My family were also all looking at my nails which doesn't usually happen that often. For some reason, whenever my mum sees my nails she thinks they're press-ons! I feel so flattered when people tell me my nails are pretty! x) I rarely get complimented on anything else so that's probably why I like doing my nails so much! Well of course not just so I can get complimented, LOL! But because I feel like it's one of the only things I can actually do!

For a while I'd been planning to do cupcake nails for my brother's birthday because he is one of the only people close to me that appreciates my nail polish addiction! :P He thought it was really cool! Since I'm quite new to nail art, I'd feel weird wearing cupcakes on my nails for no reason so I had to do them for my baby brother's birthday! :)

For this nail art I used:
  • OPI 'Princesses Rule' for the french manicure colour.
  • Essie 'Bikini So Teeny' for the blue.
  • Essie 'Mojito Madness' for the green.
  • OPI 'Alpine Snow' for the white.
I also used small red heart rhinestones as the cherry on top of the cupcakes! I believe I bought them from eBay, probably a year ago. 

I'm really happy with how this mani turned out! Though it did take me a few tries to get the cupcakes to look okay. They're not perfect but I think they're cute. :) I feel weird having nail art on my nails though so I was kinda itching to take this off only one day later. I prefer the look of just a plain colour or extremely simple nail art. But since it took me a really long time, I had to stop myself from doing that until the next morning. x)
I'm definitely going to try the cupcakes again with more girly colours sometime soon! :D Maybe just an accent nail next time. The cupcakes on every nail is too much for me to handle! Haha!

-Elissa

3 comments:

Ashleigh Thorpe said...

I love this! I follow you on instagram and l love how you do your nails!

Elissa Vaughan said...

@Ashleigh Thorpe
Aw thanks so much hun :)
-Elissa

Jennifer [littlejsnailcorner] said...

You're so good at these cupcakes! I love them!

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! I'm sorry if I don't reply to your comment but I promise, I read every single one. ♥
Please refrain from leaving any links in the comments. If you would like me to check out your blog or have a question, please email me at lissaspolishaddiction@hotmail.com :)
-Elissa

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com