twit photo twitter_zps2c090e65.png facebook photo facebook_zps09d94e62.png mail photo mail_zpsf04fac82.png ig photo instagram_zps369f8a48.png yt photo youtube_zps2b63032c.png bloglovin photo bloglovin_zps8ed3b808.png

Followers

BlogLovin

Follow Lissas Polish Addiction

Instagram

Sunday, September 9, 2012

31DC2012: Day 9 - Rainbow

I am super excited for the nails I have to show you today! Though I have a feeling that many other bloggers may have done a similar manicure to me for the challenge today. x)

By the way, I'm not sure if it's noticeable but I did file my nails down a bit. They were looking a little weird in photos and since I have a blog and like to take photos of my nails, I obviously want them to look nice in the photos. :P I do like my nails long though, and I probably wouldn't go any shorter than they are now (by choice anyway).

I saw a tutorial by a girl on Instagram called ohtammm for a rainbow gradient! It looked really gorgeous so I thought I'd try it for today. :) \
I wasn't super happy with it when I tried it, because I accidentally mixed up where I put two of the colours and when they blended together, they didn't look pretty. :( So it didn't turn out looking really rainbow-ish but it wasn't so bad.



I then decided to do a more traditional rainbow gradient on my other hand. x) I like it a lot better than the other one, but I'm going to show you both. :)



Sam @ The Nailasaurus has a good tutorial for a gradient if you're looking for one (you should be able to find it on her sidebar, it's one of her most popular posts).

The polishes used for both of these looks were:

  • China Glaze - Dance Baby
  • Essie - Fear or Desire
  • China Glaze - Kinetic Candy
  • NYC - Lemon
  • OPI - Do You Lilac It
A tip I'd have to give is definitely to wet your sponge beforehand and ring it out, it helps for the polish not to sink into the sponge so much.

Elissa

3 comments:

Anna (LUSH nails) said...

I also prefeer your 'traditional' rainbows but both blends are fab! So glad you put the tip about the wet sponge as we'll all be trying gradients for tomorrow's challenge.

Shelby's Swatches said...

I'm really enjoying this kind of tie-dye mani!

btw, I'm a new follower :)

Elissa Vaughan said...

@Shelby Swatches Hi Shelby! Thanks so much and thankyou for following!! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! I'm sorry if I don't reply to your comment but I promise, I read every single one. ♥
Please refrain from leaving any links in the comments. If you would like me to check out your blog or have a question, please email me at lissaspolishaddiction@hotmail.com :)
-Elissa

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com