This week's question is...
What are your favourite cuticle care products?
Most of us know that the cuticles are super important for the overall health/look of our nails! I'm not gonna get into all the science-y stuff behind it but the cuticles are really important if you want to have nice nails!
When I used to have acrylic nails, I was so cruel to my poor cuticles. They'd always be dry or cut or bleeding. :(
I used to cut my cuticles with cuticle nippers. I would NOT recommend this at all. All you need to do is push your cuticles back once or twice a week, and keep them moisturised! I occasionally use my cuticle nipper to cut hang nails or any bits of dead skin around my fingers/nails. Do not cut live cuticle skin!
I am ALL about moisturising my cuticles. I love it! It makes your manicures look so so so much nicer when your cuticles have been moisturised! :)
I moisturise my cuticles whenever I get a spare moment.
My favourite products for moisturising my cuticles are:
- Lush - Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter! My faaaavourite cuticle butter! It smells AMAZING, and does awesome things for my cuticles. :) I use this one before I go to bed because it is a bit greasy and takes a while to absorb. It's also on the pricey side but it lasts forever. You can also use this butter on any other dry parts of your body like elbows, knees etc. :) This one can be found in Lush stores, or the Lush website. You can also go into a Lush store and ask for a sample before you buy it.
- Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme. This one is more of a waxy balm than a creme. But it's very nice for on-the-go because it's not greasy and it is moisturising. It also smells really lovely. Not as strong as Lush Lemony Flutter but I really like the smell of both of them. I'm not sure how much this one costs because it was given to me as a gift, but I'd say it's cheaper than the Lush one and will also last you a long time.
- CND Solar Oil. I bought a mini bottle of CND Solar Oil cuticle oil when I was in Sydney a few months ago and at first I was not a fan. I'm not a fan of the smell... I can't explain what it smells like but I know that some people do like the smell. I wish I'd bought a full size bottle because this oil is super moisturising and it also absorbs quickly for an oil! :) I've used it all up now and I wish I had more!
- Revitanail Cuticle Oil. I got this cuticle oil as a gift for my birthday about 8 months ago and I still haven't used it all up! It's another nice cuticle oil. It doesn't really have any noticeable scent to me. I like to use this one also before I go to bed.
- OPI Avoplex Cuticle Oil On the Go. This cuticle oil comes in a super convenient squeezy tube! This was also given to me as a birthday gift this year. The scent on this one is also a little strange but not unpleasant. :) I mostly like it because of the convenience of the tube.
So I do use a lot of products on my cuticles and it may seem really high maintenance but it's really not that hard to just rub oils/cremes/balms into your cuticles a couple times a day. :)
I also use a thick hand cream before bed, any one will do. :)
You can also just use a regular oil like olive oil if you don't want to buy an oil! Clean out an empty nail polish bottle with acetone and then pour in some olive oil and slather that on your cuticles before bed. :)
So, what are your favourites?! If you don't currently use a cuticle oil or creme, I'd definitely recommend it! You will notice a huge difference in your cuticles and nails. :) Keeping your cuticles moisturised can also help with nail growth so maybe if you are having trouble growing your nails, give an oil a try!